Definition of 'incline'
- an elevated geological formation; "he climbed the steep slope"; "the house was built on the side of a mountain"
Synonyms: slope side
- an inclined surface connecting two levels
- have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
Synonyms: tend be given lean run
- bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well; "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
- lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow; "She inclined her head to the student"
- be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
Synonyms: slope pitch
- make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief; "Their language inclines us to believe them"
Antonyms: indispose disincline