Definition of 'line up'
- form a line; "The buildings all line up neatly"
- get something or somebody for a specific purpose; "I found this gadget that will serve as a bottle opener"; "I got hold of these tools to fix our plumbing"; "The chairman got hold of a secretary on Friday night to type the urgent letter"
Synonyms: get hold come up find
- form a queue, form a line, stand in line; "Customers lined up in front of the store"
Synonyms: queue up queue
- place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
Synonyms: align aline adjust
- arrange in ranks; "dress troops"
- take one's position before a kick-off