Definition of 'manifest'
- a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane
- provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
Synonyms: attest certify demonstrate evidence
- record in a ship's manifest; "each passenger must be manifested"
- reveal its presence or make an appearance; "the ghost manifests each year on the same day"
- clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment; "the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view"
Synonyms: apparent evident patent plain unmistakable