Definition of 'mesh'
- the number of opening per inch of a screen; measures size of particles; "a 100 mesh screen"; "100 mesh powdered cellulose"
- contact by fitting together; "the engagement of the clutch"; "the meshing of gears"
Synonyms: engagement meshing interlocking
- the topology of a network whose components are all connected directly to every other component
Synonyms: mesh topology
- an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
Synonyms: net network meshing meshwork
- the act of interlocking or meshing; "an interlocking of arms by the police held the crowd in check"
Synonyms: meshing interlock interlocking
- keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
Synonyms: engage lock operate
Antonyms: disengage withdraw
- coordinate in such a way that all parts work together effectively
- work together in harmony
- entangle or catch in (or as if in) a mesh
Synonyms: enmesh ensnarl