Definition of 'mind'
- that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
Synonyms: head brain psyche nous
- recall or remembrance; "it came to mind"
- an opinion formed by judging something; "he was reluctant to make his judgment known"; "she changed her mind"
Synonyms: judgment judgement
- an important intellectual; "the great minds of the 17th century"
Synonyms: thinker creative thinker
- attention; "don't pay him any mind"
- your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- knowledge and intellectual ability; "he reads to improve his mind"; "he has a keen intellect"
- be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by; "I don't mind your behavior"
- be concerned with or about something or somebody
- be in charge of or deal with; "She takes care of all the necessary arrangements"
Synonyms: take care
- pay close attention to; give heed to; "Heed the advice of the old men"
Synonyms: heed listen
- be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to; "Beware of telephone salesmen"
- keep in mind
Synonyms: bear in mind