Definition of 'minor'
- a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngsters"
Synonyms: child kid youngster shaver nipper small fry tiddler tike tyke fry nestling
- of lesser importance or stature or rank; "a minor poet"; "had a minor part in the play"; "a minor official"; "many of these hardy adventurers were minor noblemen"; "minor back roads"
- lesser in scope or effect; "had minor differences"; "a minor disturbance"
- inferior in number or size or amount; "a minor share of the profits"; "Ursa Minor"
- of a scale or mode; "the minor keys"; "in B flat minor"
- not of legal age; "minor children"
Synonyms: nonaged underage
- of lesser seriousness or danger; "suffered only minor injuries"; "some minor flooding"; "a minor tropical disturbance"
- of your secondary field of academic concentration or specialization
- of the younger of two boys with the same family name; "Jones minor"
- warranting only temporal punishment; "venial sin"
- limited in size or scope; "a small business"; "a newspaper with a modest circulation"; "small-scale plans"; "a pocket-size country"
Synonyms: modest small small-scale pocket-size pocket-sized