Definition of 'mold'
- the distinctive form in which a thing is made; "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
Synonyms: cast stamp
- container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
Synonyms: mould cast
- loose soil rich in organic matter
- the process of becoming mildewed
- a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter
- sculpture produced by molding
Synonyms: mould molding moulding modeling clay sculpture
- form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
Synonyms: model mould
- become moldy; spoil due to humidity; "The furniture molded in the old house"
- form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold; "cast a bronze sculpture"
Synonyms: cast mould
- make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
Synonyms: shape form work mould forge
- fit tightly, follow the contours of; "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
Synonyms: determine shape influence regulate