Definition of 'much'
- a great amount or extent; "they did much for humanity"
- (quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent; "not much rain"; "much affection"; "much grain is in storage"
- to a great degree or extent; "she's much better now"
- very; "he was much annoyed"
- to a very great degree or extent; "we enjoyed ourselves very much"; "she was very much interested"; "this would help a great deal"
Synonyms: a lot a good deal a great deal very much
- (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely; "much the same thing happened every time"; "practically everything in Hinduism is the manifestation of a god"
- frequently or in great quantities; "I don't drink much"; "I don't travel much"
Synonyms: a great deal often