Definition of 'muscle'
- one of the contractile organs of the body
- animal tissue consisting predominantly of contractile cells
Synonyms: muscular tissue
- a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard; "the drug lord had his muscleman to protect him"
- authority or power or force (especially when used in a coercive way); "the senators used their muscle to get the party leader to resign"
- possessing muscular strength
Synonyms: brawn brawniness muscularity sinew heftiness
- make one's way by force; "He muscled his way into the office"