Definition of 'nest'
You searched for nests
- a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
- a kind of gun emplacement; "a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
- a cosy or secluded retreat
- a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality; "a nest of thieves"
- furniture pieces made to fit close together
- inhabit a nest, usually after building; "birds are nesting outside my window every Spring"
- fit together or fit inside; "nested bowls"
- move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position; "We cuddled against each other to keep warm"; "The children snuggled into their sleeping bags"
Synonyms: cuddle snuggle nestle nuzzle draw close
- gather nests