Definition of 'net'
You searched for nets
- a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
Synonyms: internet cyberspace
- a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
Synonyms: net income net profit lucre profit profits earnings
- a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
Synonyms: network mesh meshing meshwork
- make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
Synonyms: sack sack up clear
- yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
- construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- catch with a net; "net a fish"
- remaining after all deductions; "net profit"
- conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
Synonyms: final last