Definition of 'network'
- an interconnected system of things or people; "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"; "tangled in a web of cloth"
- (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs; "the networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
- an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
Synonyms: net mesh meshing meshwork
- a system of intersecting lines or channels; "a railroad network"; "a network of canals"
- (electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
Synonyms: electronic network
- communicate with and within a group; "You have to network if you want to get a good job"