Definition of 'neutral'
- one who does not side with any party in a war or dispute
- neither moral nor immoral; neither good nor evil, right nor wrong
- having no personal preference; "impersonal criticism"; "a neutral observer"
- having only a limited ability to react chemically; chemically inactive; "inert matter"; "an indifferent chemical in a reaction"
Synonyms: inert indifferent
- not supporting or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest
- having no net electric charge; not electrified
Antonyms: positive electropositive negative electronegative
- of something that is lacking hue; "neutral colors like back or white"
- possessing no distinctive quality or characteristics
Antonyms: positive negative
- lacking distinguishing quality or characteristics; "a neutral personality that made no impression whatever"