Definition of 'news'
- new information about specific and timely events; "they awaited news of the outcome"
Synonyms: intelligence tidings word
- new information of any kind; "it was news to me"
- a program devoted to news; "we watch the 7 o'clock news every night"
Synonyms: news program news show
- information reported in a newspaper or news magazine; "the news of my death was greatly exaggerated"
- the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins; "the judge conceded the newsworthiness of the trial"; "he is no longer news in the fashion world"