Definition of 'night'
- the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
Synonyms: nighttime dark
Antonyms: day daytime daylight
- the time between sunset and midnight; "he watched television every night"
- the period spent sleeping; "I had a restless night"
- the dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit; "three nights later he collapsed"
- darkness; "it vanished into the night"
- a shortening of nightfall; "they worked from morning to night"
- a period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
- Roman goddess of night; daughter of Erebus; counterpart of Greek Nyx