Definition of 'no'
- a negative; "his no was loud and clear"
- a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding curium with carbon ions; 7 isotopes are known
Synonyms: nobelium atomic number 102
- quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns for indicating a complete or almost complete lack or zero quantity of; "we have no bananas"; "no eggs left and no money to buy any"; "have you no decency?"; "did it with no help"; "I'll get you there in no time"
Antonyms: all some
- referring to the degree to which a certain quality is present; "he was no heavier than a child"
Synonyms: no more
- not in any degree or manner; not at all; "he is no better today"
- used to express refusal or denial or disagreement etc or especially to emphasize a negative statement; "no, you are wrong"