Definition of 'nod'
You searched for nodded
- a sign of assent or salutation or command
- the act of nodding the head
- express or signify by nodding; "He nodded his approval"
- lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation; "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- let the head fall forward through drowsiness; "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- sway gently back and forth, as is in a nodding motion; "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- be almost asleep; "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"