Definition of 'noise'
You searched for noises
- sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound); "he enjoyed the street noises"; "they heard indistinct noises of people talking"; "during the firework display that ended the gala the noise reached 98 decibels"
- the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience; "modern music is just noise to me"
Synonyms: dissonance racket
- electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
Synonyms: interference disturbance
- a loud outcry of protest or complaint; "the announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise"; "whatever it was he didn't like it and he was going to let them know by making as loud a noise as he could"
- incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks; "all the noise in his speech concealed the fact that he didn't have anything to say"
- the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
Synonyms: randomness haphazardness stochasticity
- emit a noise
Synonyms: make noise resound