Definition of 'north'
You searched for norths
- the region of the United States lying north of the Mason-Dixon line
- the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War); "he has visited every state in the Union"; "Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union"; "the North's superior resources turned the scale"
- the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
Synonyms: due north northward N
- any region lying in or toward the north
Synonyms: northland Septentrion
- the direction in which a compass needle points
Synonyms: magnetic north compass north
- British statesman under George III whose policies led to rebellion in the American colonies (1732-1792)
Synonyms: Frederick North Second Earl of Guilford
- situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the north; "artists like north light"; "the north portico"
- in a northern direction; "they earn more up north"; "Let's go north!"
Synonyms: to the north in the north northerly northwards northward