Definition of 'notch'
- a V-shaped indentation; "mandibular notch"
- the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks; "we got through the pass before it started to snow"
Synonyms: pass mountain pass
- a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface; "there were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
- a small cut
Synonyms: nick snick
- cut or make a notch into; "notch the rope"
- notch a surface to record something