Definition of 'notice'
You searched for notices
- an announcement containing information about a future event; "you didn't give me enough notice"
- the act of noticing or paying attention; "he escaped the notice of the police"
Synonyms: observation observance
- a request for payment; "the notification stated the grace period and the penalties for defaulting"
- advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement or contract; "we received a notice to vacate the premises"; "he gave notice two months before he moved"
- a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
Synonyms: poster posting placard bill card
- polite or favorable attention; "his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
- a short critical review; "the play received good notices"
- discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of; "She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"; "We found traces of lead in the paint"
Synonyms: detect observe find discover
- notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
Synonyms: mark note
- make or write a comment on; "he commented the paper of his colleague"
Synonyms: comment remark point out
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"