Definition of 'note'
You searched for noting
- a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
Synonyms: short letter line billet
- a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
- a characteristic emotional quality; "it ended on a sour note"; "there was a note of gaiety in her manner"; "he detected a note of sarcasm"
- a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
Synonyms: bill government note bank bill banker's bill bank note banknote Federal Reserve note greenback
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; "the singer held the note too long"
Synonyms: musical note tone
- a comment or instruction (usually added); "his notes were appended at the end of the article"; "he added a short notation to the address on the envelope"
Synonyms: annotation notation
- high status importance owing to marked superiority; "a scholar of great eminence"
Synonyms: eminence distinction preeminence
- a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling; "there was a note of uncertainty in his voice"
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; "I had to co-sign his note at the bank"
Synonyms: promissory note note of hand
- make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
Synonyms: observe mention remark
- notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
Synonyms: notice mark
- observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction"
Synonyms: take note observe
- make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
Synonyms: take down