Definition of 'nurse'
You searched for nurses
- one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- a woman who is the custodian of children
Synonyms: nanny nursemaid
- try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury; "He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs"
- maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings); "bear a grudge"; "entertain interesting notions"; "harbor a resentment"
Synonyms: harbor harbour hold entertain
- serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
- treat carefully; "He nursed his injured back by lying in bed several hours every afternoon"; "He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly"
- give suck to; "The wetnurse suckled the infant"; "You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places"
Synonyms: breastfeed bottle-feed suckle suck wet-nurse lactate give suck