Definition of 'nut'
- usually large hard-shelled seed
- Egyptian goddess of the sky
- a small (usually square or hexagonal) metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt
- half the width of an em
- a whimsically eccentric person
Synonyms: crackpot crank nut case nutcase fruitcake screwball
- someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie"
Synonyms: addict freak junkie junky
- gather nuts