Definition of 'objective'
- the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
Synonyms: aim object target
- the lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed
Synonyms: objective lens object lens object glass
- undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence"
- serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes; "objective case"; "accusative endings"
- emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings, insertion of fictional matter, or interpretation; "objective art"
- belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events; "objective benefits"; "an objective example"; "there is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"