Definition of 'obscure'
You searched for obscures
- make less visible or unclear; "The stars are obscured by the clouds"
Synonyms: befog becloud obnubilate haze over fog cloud mist
- make unclear, indistinct, or blurred; "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
Synonyms: confuse blur obnubilate
- make obscure or unclear; "The distinction was obscured"
Synonyms: bedim overcloud
- make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
Synonyms: blot out obliterate veil hide
- make difficult to perceive by sight; "The foliage of the huge tree obscures the view of the lake"
Synonyms: benight bedim
- not clearly understood or expressed; "an obscure turn of phrase"; "an impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit"-Anatole Broyard; "their descriptions of human behavior become vague, dull, and unclear"- P.A.Sorokin; "vague...forms of speech...have so long passed for mysteries of science"- John Locke
- marked by difficulty of style or expression; "much that was dark is now quite clear to me"; "those who do not appreciate Kafka's work say his style is obscure"
- difficult to find; "hidden valleys"; "a hidden cave"; "an obscure retreat"
- not famous or acclaimed; "an obscure family"; "unsung heroes of the war"
Synonyms: unknown unsung
- not drawing attention; "an unnoticeable cigarette burn on the carpet"; "an obscure flaw"
- remote and separate physically or socially; "existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson; "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"; "an obscure village"
Synonyms: apart isolated