Definition of 'occult'
You searched for occulted
- supernatural forces and events and beings collectively; "She doesn't believe in the supernatural"
- supernatural practices and techniques; "he is a student of the occult"
Synonyms: occult arts
- cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention; "The Sun eclipses the moon today"; "Planets and stars often are occulted by other celestial bodies"
- become concealed or hidden from view or have its light extinguished; "The beam of light occults every so often"
- hide from view; "The lids were occulting her eyes"
- hidden and difficult to see; "an occult fracture"; "occult blood in the stool"
- having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding; "mysterious symbols"; "the mystical style of Blake"; "occult lore"; "the secret learning of the ancients"
Synonyms: mysterious mystic mystical secret orphic