Definition of 'occupy'
You searched for occupying
- be present in; be inside of
- keep busy with; "She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
- live (in a certain place)
Synonyms: reside lodge in
- occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
- be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant"
Synonyms: concern interest worry
- require (time or space); "It took three hours to get to work this morning"; "This event occupied a very short time"
Synonyms: take use up
- march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation; "Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939"
- engage or engross wholly; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
Synonyms: absorb engross engage