Definition of 'odd'
- not divisible by two
- not easily explained; "it is odd that his name is never mentioned"
- an indefinite quantity more than that specified; "invited 30-odd guests"
- beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
Synonyms: curious funny peculiar queer rum rummy singular
- of the remaining member of a pair, of socks e.g.
Synonyms: unmatched unmated unpaired
- not used up; "leftover meatloaf"; "she had a little money left over so she went to a movie"; "some odd dollars left"; "saved the remaining sandwiches for supper"; "unexpended provisions"
Synonyms: leftover left over left remaining unexpended