Definition of 'offensive'
You searched for offensives
- the action of attacking an enemy
Synonyms: offense offence
- violating or tending to violate or offend against; "violative of the principles of liberty"; "considered such depravity offensive against all laws of humanity"
- for the purpose of attack rather than defense; "offensive weapons"
- causing anger or annoyance; "offensive remarks"
Antonyms: inoffensive unoffending
- morally offensive; "an unsavory reputation"; "an unsavory scandal"
Synonyms: unsavory unsavoury
Antonyms: savory savoury inoffensive
- unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses; "offensive odors"
- of an offensive substitute for inoffensive terminology; "`nigger' is a dysphemistic term for `African-American'"
Antonyms: euphemistic inoffensive
- causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"
Synonyms: nauseating nauseous noisome queasy loathsome sickening vile