Definition of 'offer'
You searched for offered
- the verbal act of offering; "a generous offer of assistance"
- something offered (as a proposal or bid); "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- a usually brief attempt; "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
Synonyms: crack fling go pass whirl
- make available or accessible, provide or furnish; "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- present for acceptance or rejection; "She offered us all a cold drink"
- agree freely; "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- put forward for consideration; "He offered his opinion"
- offer verbally; "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
- make available for sale; "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
Synonyms: bid tender
- produce or introduce on the stage; "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- present as an act of worship; "offer prayers to the gods"
Synonyms: offer up
- mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
Synonyms: put up provide
- make available; provide; "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- ask (someone) to marry you; "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
Synonyms: propose declare oneself pop the question
- threaten to do something; "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"