Definition of 'officer'
You searched for officered
- any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command; "an officer is responsible for the lives of his men"
Synonyms: military officer
- someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust; "he is an officer of the court"; "the club elected its officers for the coming year"
- a member of a police force; "it was an accident, officer"
Synonyms: policeman police officer
- a person authorized to serve in a position of authority on a vessel; "he is the officer in charge of the ship's engines"
Synonyms: ship's officer
- direct or command as an officer