Definition of 'official'
- a worker who holds or is invested with an office
- someone who administers the rules of a game or sport; "the golfer asked for an official who could give him a ruling"
- having official authority or sanction; "official permission"; "an official representative"
- of or relating to an office; "official privileges"
- verified officially; "the election returns are now official"
- conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline; "in prescribed order"
- (of a church) given official status as a national or state institution