Definition of 'olive'
- small ovoid fruit of the European olive tree; important food and source of oil
- evergreen tree cultivated in the Mediterranean region since antiquity and now elsewhere; has edible shiny black fruits
Synonyms: European olive tree Olea europaea
- hard yellow often variegated wood of an olive tree; used in cabinetwork
- one-seeded fruit of the European olive tree usually pickled and used as a relish
- a yellow-green color of low brightness and saturation
- of a yellow-green color similar to that of an unripe olive