Definition of 'olympian'
- an athlete who participates in the Olympic games
- a classical Greek god after the overthrow of the Titans
Synonyms: Olympic god
- of the region of Olympia in Greece or its inhabitants; "Olympian plain"
- of or pertaining to the greater gods of ancient Greece whose abode was Mount Olympus; "Olympian deities"
- majestic in manner or bearing; superior to mundane matters; "his majestic presence"; "olympian detachment"; "olympian beauty and serene composure"
- far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree; "a night of exceeding darkness"; "an exceptional memory"; "olympian efforts to save the city from bankruptcy"; "the young Mozart's prodigious talents"
Synonyms: exceeding exceptional prodigious surpassing