Definition of 'on'
- in operation or operational; "left the oven on"; "the switch is in the on position"
- (of events) planned or scheduled; "the picnic is on, rain or shine"; "we have nothing on for Friday night"
Antonyms: off cancelled
- with a forward motion; "we drove along admiring the view"; "the horse trotted along at a steady pace"; "the circus traveled on to the next city"; "move along"; "march on"
- indicates continuity or persistence or concentration; "his spirit lives on"; "shall I read on?"
- in a state required for something to function or be effective; "turn the lights on"; "get a load on"