Definition of 'operate'
You searched for operates
- direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.; "She is running a relief operation in the Sudan"
- perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
Synonyms: function work go run
Antonyms: malfunction misfunction
- handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
- perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
Synonyms: manoeuver maneuver manoeuvre
- happen; "What is going on in the minds of the people?"
- keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
Synonyms: engage mesh lock
Antonyms: disengage withdraw
- perform surgery on; "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life"
Synonyms: operate on