Definition of 'opinion'
- a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
Synonyms: sentiment persuasion view thought
- a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people; "he asked for a poll of public opinion"
Synonyms: public opinion popular opinion vox populi
- a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof; "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
- the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
Synonyms: legal opinion judgment judgement
- the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
Synonyms: impression feeling belief notion