Definition of 'oppose'
You searched for opposes
- be against; express opposition to; "We oppose the ban on abortion"
- fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
Synonyms: fight fight back fight down defend
- oppose with equal weight or force
- set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
Synonyms: pit match play off
- act against or in opposition to; "She reacts negatively to everything I say"
- be resistant to; "The board opposed his motion"
Synonyms: controvert contradict