Definition of 'oral'
- an examination conducted by word of mouth
Synonyms: oral exam oral examination viva voce viva
- using speech rather than writing; "an oral tradition"; "an oral agreement"
- of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth; "oral hygiene"; "an oral thermometer"; "an oral vaccine"
- of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located; "the oral cavity"; "the oral mucous membrane"; "the oral surface of a starfish"
- a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression
Antonyms: anal anal retentive