Definition of 'orbit'
You searched for orbited
- the (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another; "he plotted the orbit of the moon"
Synonyms: celestial orbit
- a particular environment or walk of life; "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
Synonyms: sphere domain area field arena
- an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power"
Synonyms: scope range reach compass ambit
- the path of an electron around the nucleus of an atom
Synonyms: electron orbit
- the bony cavity in the skull containing the eyeball
Synonyms: eye socket cranial orbit orbital cavity
- move in an orbit; "The moon orbits around the Earth"; "The planets are orbiting the sun"; "electrons orbit the nucleus"
Synonyms: orb revolve