Definition of 'orderly'
- a soldier who serves as an attendant to a superior officer; "the orderly laid out the general's uniform"
- a male hospital attendant who has general duties that do not involve the medical treatment of patients
Synonyms: hospital attendant
- devoid of violence or disruption; "an orderly crowd confronted the president"
- according to custom or rule or natural law
Synonyms: lawful rule-governed
- not haphazard; "a series of orderly actions at regular hours"
- marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a coherent argument"
Synonyms: coherent consistent logical ordered
- marked by or adhering to method or system; "a clean orderly man"; "an orderly mind"; "an orderly desk"
- marked by system or regularity or discipline; "a quiet ordered house"; "an orderly universe"; "a well regulated life"
Synonyms: ordered regulated