Definition of 'organ'
- a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function; "The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
- (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
Synonyms: electric organ electronic organ Hammond organ
- a periodical that is published by a special interest group; "the organ of the communist party"
- wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
Synonyms: pipe organ
- a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows
Synonyms: harmonium reed organ