Definition of 'organization'
- a group of people who work together
- an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
Synonyms: arrangement organisation system
- the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
Synonyms: administration governance governing body establishment brass organisation
- the act of forming something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
Synonyms: constitution establishment formation organisation
- the act of organizing a business or an activity related to a business; "he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department"
- the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; "his organization of the work force was very efficient"
- an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
Synonyms: organisation system