Definition of 'out'
You searched for outs
- (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball; "you only get 3 outs per inning"
- to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality; "This actor outed last year"
Synonyms: come out of the closet come out
- reveal (something) about somebody's identity or lifestyle; "The gay actor was outed last week"; "Someone outed a CIA agent"
- be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out"
Synonyms: come out
- not allowed to continue to bat or run; "he was tagged out at second on a close play"; "he fanned out"
- being out or having grown cold; "threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"; "the fire is out"
- not worth considering as a possibility; "a picnic is out because of the weather"
- out of power; especially having been unsuccessful in an election; "now the Democrats are out"
- excluded from use or mention; "forbidden fruit"; "in our house dancing and playing cards were out"; "a taboo subject"
Synonyms: forbidden prohibited proscribed taboo tabu verboten
- directed outward or serving to direct something outward; "the out doorway"; "the out basket"
- no longer fashionable; "that style is out these days"
- outside or external; "the out surface of a ship's hull"
- outer or outlying; "the out islands"
- knocked unconscious by a heavy blow
Synonyms: knocked out kayoed KO'd stunned
- away from home; "they went out last night"
- from one's possession; "he gave out money to the poor"; "gave away the tickets"