Definition of 'over'
- (cricket) the period during which a given number of balls (6 in England but 8 in Australia) are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"
Synonyms: complete concluded ended all over terminated
- at or to a point across intervening space etc.; "come over and see us some time"; "over there"
- throughout an area; "he is known the world over"
- throughout a period of time; "stay over the weekend"
- beyond the top or upper surface or edge; forward from an upright position; "a roof that hangs over";
- over the entire area; "the wallpaper was covered all over with flowers"; "she ached all over"; "everything was dusted over with a fine layer of soot"
Synonyms: all over