Definition of 'peg'
- a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- informal terms of the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonyms: pin stick
- a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Synonyms: wooden leg leg pegleg
- regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Synonyms: pin thole tholepin rowlock oarlock
- succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Synonyms: nail down nail
- pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
- fasten or secure with a wooden pin; "peg a tent"
Synonyms: peg down
- stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations; "The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar"