Definition of 'pencil'
- a thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
- graphite (or a similar substance) used in such a way as to be a medium of communication; "the words were scribbled in pencil"; "this artist's favorite medium is pencil"
- a figure formed by a set of straight lines or light rays meeting at a point
- a cosmetic in a long thin stick; designed to be applied to a particular part of the face; "an eyebrow pencil"
- write, draw, or trace with a pencil; "he penciled a figure"