Definition of 'pin'
- a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
Synonyms: personal identification number PIN number
- informal terms of the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonyms: peg stick
- axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Synonyms: peg thole tholepin rowlock oarlock
- a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in triangular groups of ten as the target
Synonyms: bowling pin
- to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
Synonyms: trap immobilize immobilise
- attach or fasten with pins
- pierce with a pin; "pin down the butterfly"
- immobilize a piece