Definition of 'plump'
- the sound of a sudden heavy fall
- drop sharply; "The stock market plummeted"
- set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise; "He planked the money on the table"; "He planked himself into the sofa"
Synonyms: plank flump plonk plop plunk plump down plunk down
- make fat or plump; "We will plump out that poor starving child"
Synonyms: fatten fat flesh out fill out plump out fatten out fatten up
- give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number; "I plumped for the losing candidates"
- euphemisms for slightly fat; "a generation ago...buxom actresses were popular"- Robt.A.Hamilton; "chubby babies"; "pleasingly plump"
Synonyms: buxom chubby embonpoint zaftig zoftig
- straight down especially heavily or abruptly; "the anchor fell plump into the sea"; "we dropped the rock plump into the water"